Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Ok. Water on the passenger side floorboard of a 2007 Toyota

Customer Question

Ok. Water on the passenger side floorboard of a 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited. Car has been not used all day, HEAVY rainstorm this afternoon. First time it's happened with leak. Water seemed to be coming in from under the glove box. No moisture on the the ceiling or doors or windows. Just under the glove box to the carpet to the right side. No water anywhere else. This was an EXTREMELY harsh downpour with horizontal rain and very strong winds. A seal somewhere? Not the A/C or radiator or heater... Just rain. Thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: And the interior of the glove box was completely dry.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I love it... First time this has happened. I have not checked the seal on the windshield but nothing came in through there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Since this has only occurred once, and it occurred during a harsh rain. It is very likely the cowl at the base of the windshield filled up with water from a tree and road debris blocking the drains there. This resulted in the water level getting to high and overflowing into the fresh air intake and the water then leaked into the cab from the HVAC box. This seems to fit your scenario the best. There are of coarse many other possible leak areas. If needed we could test those with the carpet pulled back and someone inside and out to watch and spray the vehicle to try and trace the origin.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. We can then continue working on this concern if more replies or clarification is needed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.