Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have an 87 Toyota van. The hazards and horn are not

Customer Question

I have an 87 Toyota van. The hazards and horn are not working. The haz/horn fuse is good, and gets power to it. The horn is getting 12 volts and only clicks when the button is pushed. When a test horn is attached, it barely works. Both horns work fully when applied to an external power source. Any ideas? also, I can't find a wiring diagram for the vehicle anywhere. Do you have any?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the horn dose not blow when you apply battery voltage and ground to it then that usually means the horn is bad. I would start with trying a known working horn. On the hazard light, start first with checking to see if you have power at the hazard flasher relay. The turn signal/hazard warning flasher relay on the Van models is located under the right-hand side of the instrument panel above the left side of the fuse/relay block.