rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My toyota corolla 2009 has an idle problem. I changed the

Customer Question

My toyota corolla 2009 has an idle problem.
I changed the computer it a negative electrical current comming from the PCM ECU and i changed it brand new. Still item persist. We put SMoker to see if it was a leak nothing. thinking of changing wire harnest. I stumbled what else do I check.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked the oxygen sensor, the manifold nothing problems only on parking after I put the ECU that was added the vin and the
car started right away. what else.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

There may be a harness issue, but try this first.

Short a paperclip across pins 4 and % on the computer DLC connector and see what happens.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SOrry y0u have to (%) is it number 5 ....I dont understand.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Clear with the response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i didnt receive a clear answer.... Please Explain.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

On the connector that you attach a scan tool with, there are 16 pins. The top row 2 center pins are 4 and 5. These are computer/chassis grounds. If you short across them, you eliminate a bad ground issue, so if everything starts to work normally again, you found you issue.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.