Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Ac isn't cooling air. Air blowing in is around outside temp.

Customer Question

JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When you turn the a/c on low it only blows air the approximate temperature of outside air. I tried adding Freon, but it all leaked out around where the hose attaches to the condenser. When I took it to a mechanic, he said he had to replace the compressor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Adding Freon with stop leak
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 Toyota Camry hybrid. Had front end realigned from a wreck. The A/C was working until the front was realigned.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 6 months ago.

hello . I can assist you with this .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cool.
So, when I added the stop leak, all the freon came out where the hose from the compressor met the condensor. Do you think I need to replace one, the other, both, or is there something else I should try first?

There is an O-ring on the fittings at the condenser . It is possible that you simply have a cut o-ring . I would begin by inspecting the O-rings and possibly replacing them and then perform a leak test again