Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a 1998 Toyota Corolla and both fans run with engine

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Toyota Corolla and both fans run with engine off. Hot or cold. Relays are good. Relay one and AC fan relay. Changed engine cooling switch
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hello
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 1998 Toyota Corolla and both fans run with engine off. Hot or cold. Relays are good. Relay one and AC fan relay. Changed engine cooling switch
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the A/C triple pressure switch is open internally and keeping the fans on. At the A/C pressure switch ground the blue/black wire and see that the fans shut off, you can also ground the light green wire and turn the fans off.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, I'm following up on any progress with this repair. I hope the information I gave was helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Thanks.