Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I Drove it 10 minutes yesterday and today the VSC light is

Customer Question

I Drove it for about 10 minutes yesterday and today the VSC light is flashing. It's a 2010 Corolla
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The engine light it also on so I don't understand what's happening. I tried to turn the VSC off by pressing/holding the button but that's not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's possible
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. It it likely that the VSC light is on because the check engine light is on. Is the check engine light on steady, or does it flash? Does the vehicle drive normally?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's on steady. The vehicle also drives normally
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything I can do? Is something really wrong with the car?
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Thats a good sign. However, to give you the best information possible, I will need to know the code number associated with the check engine light being on. In most states, you can go to your local auto parts store and have the code read for free. Autozone does it for free in the states where it its allowed. If you can get that code, I will be able to get you in the right direction to get this fixed.

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Just to explain, the check engine light can come on for a HUGE number of reasons. It can be anything from the fuel filler cap being left loose, to a major engine concern. The code number will point us in the right direction.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think anything is open since it's Memorial Day
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can check real quick
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 5 months ago.

Auto parts stores are generally open. Keep in mind, they sell parts, so they don't necessarily know how to fix your car. If they cannot get the code read for you, you can get an inexpensive code reader from the parts store, or from harbor freight tools if there is one in your area.