Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

How can I reset the anti theft security light in my 2010

Customer Question

How can I reset the anti theft security light in my 2010 Toyota Camry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car does not start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Please help me with this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

I can do live chat right now. Can you tell me exactly what is going on with your car? What preceded this situation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had to get another key made the censor in mine got wet and wasn't matching the computer so my car was reading my key as if it was stolen
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, look for the flashing security light on the dash. When you insert the key, it should stop flashing. If it continues to flash, it doesn't recognize the key. Thats how you can tell there is a problem with the key.