Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Just replaced spark plugs on 2006 Toyota ghlander V6 Base.

Customer Question

Just replaced spark plugs on 2006 Toyota Highlander V6 Base. Upon startup, the check engine light, VCS, and Trac lights come on in addition to much higher than normal idle.
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I think it's more throttle related. I used CRC air intake cleaner in throttle body and may have messed up the gear reducer, altered the calibration, or adversely affected the idle sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. All engine and fuel delivery components worked before I did the spark plug change. Ithe has to be related to something in the process.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: 183,000 miles. I want to know how to proceed rather than replace sensors that may be fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Did you remove the intake manifold, or perform the difficult task of working around it to get the spark plugs changed?