Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Yesterday the Master Warning Light, Check Engine light, and

Customer Question

Yesterday the Master Warning Light, Check Engine light, and Hybrid System Warning Light all came on in my 2007 Toyota Prius. We were able to return home safely as the vehicle operated normally.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. There are literally hundreds of possible reasons for those lights to come on. It could be something as simple as a gas cap being left loose, or it could be an issue that needs immediate attention. Everything is centered around that check engine light. When that comes on, the other lights will come on as well.

A couple of things that may help point us in the right direction. Have you had any work done recently to the vehicle? Any chance you have gad the code read from the computer?

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 months ago.

woops, 'had' the code read, not 'gad'

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No code read yet. Taking it to Toyota dealer to have them read it.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 months ago.

Before you do that, which will cost you money in most cases, there may be a way to get the code read for free. In most states, your local auto parts store, such as Autozone, will read the codes from your computer for free. If that is an option for you, I can give you some guidance as to what you may be able to do yourself to get this resolved. I will just need the 4 digit numeric code number. A quick phone call to the parts store may save you some money and hassle at the dealer.