Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

My truck has been draining it's battery and i traced the

Customer Question

Hi dan. My truck has been draining it's battery and i traced the parasitic draw to this am2 fuse. Question is how do i find where the draw is actually comimg from?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question

The AM2 fuse supplies voltage a quite a few circuits so it's going to be a little difficult to pinpoint this. Some basic things to check is to be sure there are no lights staying on: brake lights, tail lights. side markers, dome lights. trailer wiring etc. sometimes this can also be caused by aftermarket accessories like audio amplifiers, alarm systems or chargers for electronic devices.

You can also pull some of the smaller fuses and isolate it that way by noting when the draw stops

What year and model Toyota is it? How much current is being drawn? I may be able to look at a wiring diagram and have some suggestions other than what I already mentioned.