sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2000 tundra 4.7 code was throttle position sensor. It would

Customer Question

2000 tundra 4.7 code was throttle position sensor. It would leave me in idle mode without warning. Purchased TPS. Made mistake of removing the throttle lever sensor. Replaced TPS and now cannot get it to run right. When it runs I can push the accelerator half way down and nothing. Then it will accelerate, but nothing during 1st half of pedal. Trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the throttle lever sensor that we removed that made something change.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Bill
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Everything was running fine except the TPS would leave me in idle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it's setting a TPS code then possible causes for the problem are the sensor itself, wiring or an internal issue in the engine controller, which isn't likely.

Do you know what P codes are currently setting?