rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My AC is blowing hot air : It was fine yesterday, now this

Customer Question

My AC is blowing hot air
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was fine yesterday, now this morning it's blowing hot air
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked air the air cabin filter, turned my heat all the way up to see if it was a motor problem, looked at the air condenser. Now I'm trying to find my compressor clutch to see if that could be a problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Its a 2009
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First check to see if the AC compressor is coming on, then check for power going to the connector at the compressor. if all this is good, then it's possible that an AC line broke causing you to lose all the freon. It would also help if you had a set of AC gauges.

Thanks, Ron