Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Both of my taillights are out. I have replaced bulbs and

Customer Question

Both of my taillights are out. I have replaced bulbs and fuse. The manual only list one fuse. All other lights work including the brake lights. on my 1993 Camry.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause of your lights being out is an open circuit inside the "lamp failure sensor". If you have a means to check voltage at the inoperative lights, and you find that there is no voltage present, replacement of the lamp failure sensor is most Lilkeky going to fix the problem. The sensor is located on a brace on the driver side of the trunk; you need to remove the trunk carpeting from the driver side of the trunk. The sensor attaches to a metal brace, facing the driver side sheet metal of the quarter panel.