mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Where is the shift solenoid "E" located on a 2001 toyota

Customer Question

where is the shift solenoid "E" located on a 2001 toyota camry? I received a P0773, P0401 and P0770 code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I want to fix it myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't done anything yet. My brother is actually the mechanic. I'm just trying to do some leg work first. I just bought the car from someone.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: They said they put in a different engine than the original one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

do you have the v6 or 4 cylinder?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 cylinder

the lock up solenoid or SL solenoid is located behind the park neutral switch. this is the same as shift solenoid "e"

if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.