john
john, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

I have not ready result 2002camry smog check. What is the

Customer Question

I have not ready result for obdii for my 2002camry for the smog check. What is the best drive cycle for my car
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just trying to pass the smog test. The car had some work done recently, total clutch replacement. Needed the ignition replaced and tightened all bolt after I discovered some loose
JA: Replacing the clutch can be a challenge -- more than a few things to consider. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Ignition coil is what I meant
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No just trying to pass the smog test. The car is running great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  john replied 9 months ago.

honestly I just drive 100 or so miles of mixed driving

below is the drive cycle to perform and as you see, it is not mileage based. but condition based. Make sure to do this exactly as described

1. Ensure that the fuel tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full.
  2. Start cold (below 86°F /30°C) and warm up until engine coolant temperature is at least 160° F (typically requires at least one minute; up to 3 minutes).
  3. Accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for five minutes.
  4. Decelerate without using the brake (coast down) to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute.
  5. Restart and accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for two minutes.
  6. Decelerate without using the brake [or the clutch!] by coasting down to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute.
Expert:  john replied 9 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Expert:  john replied 9 months ago.