Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota ! So after reading this post I did exactly as you

Customer Question

Toyota Tom! So after reading this post I did exactly as you said... Well almost. I grounded the wire and was able to make the light come on... I thought how about a test drive. Though the light was on the functions of cruise control did not work. Okay fine. So I returned home, grounded the wire once more and turned the light back off. Ordered the new cruise control assembly... 2 days later it arrived.
Disconnected the battery removed the airbag, installed the new switch, and bam... NOTHING. Now I won't detail how I removed the airbag, because I too believe this to be a VERY dangerous task, but it was a risk I willing to assume for myself.
Any other suggestions? I'm assuming the clockspring you are referring too was part of the switch assembly I replaced, Or am I making a donkey out of myself? Your post says and removal of the steering wheel, I did not need to "pull" my steering wheel to replace the switch assembly.
Thank you for your help!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I can tell your referencing another post though we can not see that post. Can you better list off the questions you need me to help with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Awesome! I paid $5 earnest money with a $20 guarantee if I was satisified with your answer??? Obviously I'm not satisified! However my account was drafted the other $20 this morning. Fantastic. And you as the "help" need me to clarify my question when I clicked the link at the bottom of another conversation.Of course not your fault Chris so pardon my rant! The problem that I'm referencing is the cruise control on my 2008 Toyota Tundra. It just stopped working. So I googled and read and watched all I could find! Then I came across a similar posting in which Toyota Tom responded to with what seemed like a legitimate answer.My only hang up with his answer is he says there is no fuse in the CC system however #27 under the hood according to the manual does have something to do with CC??? Or maybe he knows something the manual doesn't, regardless, it's fine. All of my brake lights are fine. Tow trailer lights and fuses are fine. Brake switch is good, yada, yada, yada. So I took off the back of the switch, cleaned the terminals, still no luck. Toyota Tom said to remove the bottom of the steering wheel column and ground the blue wire, if the light comes on, you've isolated 95% of the potential problems. He said if that works you likely need a new clockspring. I assumed the clockspring was part of the cruise control switch assembly. It's not. So I ordered a switch assembly. That obviously did not fix my problem (assuming its the clockspring). So I posted my question. then did my research and now have the clockspring on order.If it arrives and does not resolve my problem I'll log on and post another question? However for now I think I'm good!Thank you for your time Chris. I'll give you the 5 star rating because I don't believe the problem is yours. I'd give just answers a 1-star if that because I responded to the bottom of a post that should have been attached to my question. And because they drafted my account before I was satisfied as was agreed. Scamish at best!

After looking over the diagrams for this circuit, they are different based on the engine. What liter is your engine?

Your charged the full question value as soon as a tech here responds. Thanks for saying you plan to rate me, but let me get an answer up for you first so your able to.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris