Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My check hybrid light on, the very next day I bought it from

Customer Question

my check hybrid light on, the very next day I bought it from the seller (I had test drive) and 127 point inspection done by Toyota dealer.
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: I don't see ... I have 2 prius .... one newer I don't have any problem, so I bought a second hand 2004 prius for commutation of another family member and the car is working fine I am still driving like a month ago with this light on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: with excellent mileage because finding no time to go to dealer.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Yes, if I can, some website told me to go to Autozone, to find out the code, it could be any smaller thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 4 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

I need to be clear on what lights on the dash stay on while driving, is the check engine light on as well beside the check hybrid light, is the red master triangle light on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thanks in that case visit an autoparts store like autozone, they can get the computer codes for you at no charge, then reply here with the code numbers and we can continue.