Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I recently jump started my vehicle and applied the cables

Customer Question

I recently jump started my vehicle and applied the cables accidentally to the wrong terminals and now I can't get the blower to work for the front a/ c or heat. The vehicle is a Toyota Highlander 2013
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery isn't the problem. It has been replaced. The problem is that I probably blew a fuse. I checked the ones under the instrument panel and they are ok but I can't get to the ones under the hood as they are attached to some plastic bar that will not be removed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I looked at the plastic window under the bar and it looks like one of the positions dedicated to the AC ( position#16) is blackened but I can't get the brown bar off to access the 50 amp fuse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: The rear AC is working fine and the lights on the panel for AC and fan come on but there is no cooling heat or fan up front
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I believe I can help, but noticed you have waited quite some time on a tech. Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have gone to Toyota and am waiting in customer service

Glad your getting it addressed.