Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

At around 55 - 60 a vibration starts when almost in high

Customer Question

at around 55 - 60 a vibration starts when almost in high gear. new tires balancing seems like a certain point speed it vibtates when I slow down change into another gear 2 it stops
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: told U
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: told u
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting your concern with us

What year and model Toyota is it?

How many miles on it?

Do you feel this vibration in the steering wheel only or does it seem the whole car is vibrating?

Is there any noise associated with the vibration?

pleas answer each of these questions so I can continue to help.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1994 camry 212,000 vibrates steering wheel no noise starts about 50 in 3rd gear & continues when shifts into overdrive or 4th gear new tires & brakes

Thanks for the reply

The problem may be coming from worn inner CV joints on the front drive axles, does the vibration seem to increase when accelerating a little and go away on deceleration?