Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna that the moonroof will not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna that the moonroof will not close, acting like jammed. All the reinitialize procedures say to use the tilt up button, this does not have. Has #1, #2, A "C', and 2 arrows. Any idea how to initialize?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Before you do anything else, lets try the Factory initialization Procedure once again to be sure you performed the proper steps for the Sienna. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view . Try this and let me know the results. There are two procedure depending on which one you have see them below.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry Ron, both links involve the: tilt up/slide open button. My 2012 RAV4 has that design, but the 04 Sienna has: #1;#2;C then below those, has open/close arrows. I checked both links you sent.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Are you sure this is a factory moon roof and not an aftermarket install?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have found an initialization process, that showed the process involving the buttons available. However, it didn't work, and is now stuck all the way open. I know someone else with an 04 Sienna. I will double check. The mere fact that you're asking, makes me wonder if it isn't an aftermarket. Do you happen to know if a moon roof is an option that comes on an 04 Sienna XLE when purchased new? Trying to help out a friend that is in a bind.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Im wondering as well because the steps I sent you are the factory steps for the factory window. It is an option for sure . Those are the factory steps I sent you. Let me know what you find out and I try and help if I can.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Ron, you may have helped already. Discovering this is an aftermarket, may at least lead somewhere towards proper calibration. Thanks again, I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.