Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna that the moonroof will not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna that the moonroof will not close, acting like jammed. All the reinitialize procedures say to use the tilt up button, this does not have. Has #1, #2, A "C', and 2 arrows. Any idea how to initialize?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Before you do anything else, lets try the Factory initialization Procedure once again to be sure you performed the proper steps for the Sienna. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view . Try this and let me know the results. There are two procedure depending on which one you have see them below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Initiallization%20May%2025.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sliding%20roof%20May%2025.pdf
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Ron, both links involve the: tilt up/slide open button. My 2012 RAV4 has that design, but the 04 Sienna has: #1;#2;C then below those, has open/close arrows. I checked both links you sent.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Are you sure this is a factory moon roof and not an aftermarket install?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have found an initialization process, that showed the process involving the buttons available. However, it didn't work, and is now stuck all the way open. I know someone else with an 04 Sienna. I will double check. The mere fact that you're asking, makes me wonder if it isn't an aftermarket. Do you happen to know if a moon roof is an option that comes on an 04 Sienna XLE when purchased new? Trying to help out a friend that is in a bind.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Im wondering as well because the steps I sent you are the factory steps for the factory window. It is an option for sure . Those are the factory steps I sent you. Let me know what you find out and I try and help if I can.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Ron, you may have helped already. Discovering this is an aftermarket, may at least lead somewhere towards proper calibration. Thanks again, I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.