sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Charged battery started car which idled at500rpm's and died

Customer Question

charged battery started car which idled at500rpm's and died was wondering if emobilizer had any thing to do with this?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: not sure 90000 vvt 16 valve
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: after i recharged the battery car started up but idled slow then quit then wouldnot turn over making clicking sounds
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i was hoping to get it started to take it to my mechanic as it is parked in a spot that would be difficult to tow
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: it belongs to my wife unsure of any other issues probably not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you today

The click sound here is dead battery again , how old is your battery, has been replaced recently or do you know?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It does sound as if the battery may be dead again. The battery may be dying while the engine is running due to the charging system not functioning.

Do you get a rapid clicking from the engine compartment when trying to start the engine?