Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

After I changed the battery of my car key. Right door lock

Customer Question

Hello, after I changed the battery of my car key. Right door lock did not respond to the automatic unlock button on the key. Few weeks later, the door lock on the driver's seat started not working. If this is a fuse problem or other reason, please let me know.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not yet. I will check the fuse tomorrow.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Everything is fine except for the door lock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If this only occurs with the keyless entry and the door locks work properly with the interior electronic lock and unlock buttons this can be a fault with the keyless entry control unit/ecu or a body control unit/ecu at fault needing replaced.If you can post the year and model of your vehicle as well as engine liter size this will help just let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My model is Toyara Camry 2012 LE. The keyless entry unit is working okay because it works on the trunk and some of the door locks. However, the body unit may not work properly. How much does it cost to repair that?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
If there is a fault with a body control ecu itself this can run anywhere from $250 to $500 to have repaired or replaced.In most cases it will need replaced and usually has to be done by a dealer as they will need to program it after it is replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete