Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 2012 toyota camry with a smart key system and

Customer Question

I have a 2012 toyota camry with a smart key system and wireless remote. The buzzer that indicates the door is locked or unlocked is not sounding. How do I turn it on! Ro
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want the buzzer that indicates my car is locked or unlocked to operate. Right now it does not make a sound when I activate the smart key wireless remote.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I read the manual.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: The buzzer worked a few years ago and perhaps someone had it turned off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.There should be no way to turn the warning buzzer off and in order to determine what is causing it to no longer sound you are going to need to start with having the system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.