Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

A clicking noise (more like a pounding noise) with a

Customer Question

A clicking noise (more like a pounding noise) with a vibration is occurring under the dash. Seems like it is coming from the underside of the passenger side dash. I can actually feel the vibration when I put my hand on the dash. It occurs approx. every 1 second. This just started. It continues with/without the radio on. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks, Hal
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, or taking it to the dealer. the Tacoma is a 2008
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Nothing. This truck has been trouble free. Has approx. 75K miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
What you describe sounds like a blend door actuator problem. Is everything in the AC/heat working correctly? The temp changes like it should, it blows out of the vents, defrost, floor, as expected?