Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Pleaseb advise if my Landcruiser can supply 50A in addition

Customer Question

Pleaseb advise if my Landcruiser can supply 50A in addition to Aircon Wipers and high beam lights. Intend drawing from cranking barrery protecting via large blade 60A fuse.
Running 6gauge cabling to Anderson plug to a 40A BCDC lithium battery bank output of BCDC will also protected by large blade 40A fuse. Presently have 25A BCDC 25 Amp feeding via 40A fuse protection. ( This is for car fridge that draws max 7A.
Hope I have given all loadings you require.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the current set up sounds fine for the vehicle. May I ask why you need an additional 50A? Is it just for the fridge? Your vehicle is capable of producing it but it will burn your alt up on continued use if you are drawing close to the 50a limit of the fuse. For start up reasons of every motor, AC, fan, fridge, they all spike in amps so you would blow a 50 amp fuse if you were pulling close to that on start up of what ever you had on that circuit.
Does that make sense?Let me know if you have questions.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny