Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and just replaced the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and just replaced the battery this morning. When I drive the truck it goes dead when coming to a complete stop. It cranked back up and when I came to another stop sign - it went dead. I finally got it back to my house and let it sat for about 5 minutes and every time we crank it up, it goes dead.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Won't to try it on my own first.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Yes I want to try it on my own
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
SOunds like the alternator is not charging. Do you have a voltmeter to check the charging of the battery?
Wil the van stay running at a stop if you keep giving it gas?