Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

Vsc light flashing wont go into passing gear loss of power

Customer Question

vsc light flashing wont go into passing gear loss of power truck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: truck wont shift into passing gear transmission wont pull if you 0ver 2000 rpms vsc light is flashing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: only has 36000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on also?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. The check engine light being on will cause the VSC light to come on also. The computer needs to be scanned for codes. Many auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have this done and bring me the codes it will help me to diagnose what is going on.