Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I need to replace the driver side headlight lens. JA: What

Customer Question

I need to replace the driver side headlight lens.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 rav4
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Have you removed the head light and inspected it at all? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not touched the car. I only have the driver's side headlight lens which i am trying to replace.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was involved in an accident. When the body shop replaced my bumper, they only replaced the passenger side lens. So the driver side looked really bad.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Your head light lense has retainers that hold it in place and are usually glued to the housing as well.The retainers need removed then it may need to be carefully peeled away from the head light housing then replaced. for these retainers as well as any other retainers around the head lamp lense and see if when you remove them that the lense comes off or try and carefully peel it off to see if you can then glue the new one on with a silicone type sealant and install the retainers. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete