Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 1999 SR5 4Runner and my problem is the rear wiper

Customer Question

I have a 1999 SR5 4Runner and my problem is the rear wiper motor does not work(just got vehicle used few mos. ago). Rear power window goes up & down and appears to close fully. Switch lights up on dash for defrost in rear but don't know if it works(in Phx Az not so cold). Don;t have laptop so I'll print your answer. 1) where do I find limit switch 2) how do I check to see if wiper arm is at park position 3) How to check wiper motor itself. From the question I'm reading I checked the 4 fuses they speak of and all good. Can you help me out?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, too broke for dealer
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everthing I mentioned
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Nothing except that everything else electrical works and for a 17 yr old car w/139,000 original mi on the V-6 that's pretty good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The position sensor as well as return position sensor is part of the rear window motor assembly itself.It is controlled by the back door ecu control assembly.Do you know how to read wiring diagrams and do you have a test light or multi meter for testing electrical at all?