Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited

2005 toyota corolla, changing light bulb and had to remove

Customer Question

2005 toyota corolla, changing light bulb and had to remove battery. Installed everything back, as I tightened the positive battery term. my ratchet touched the battery harness and caused a spark. My oroblem now is the car starts fine it just shake hard when put in drive. How do I fix this
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Sorry, good morning
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: You there?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 5 months ago.
If everything is working, it is unlikely you have caused any harm, other than maybe a mark on your ratchet and wherever you earthed it out to.In the process of disconnecting the battery and it being off for a short while, the ecu will of lost some of it's stored settings that it's built up over the past several miles.They are self adaptive, to take into account different wear and tear.After reconnection, it can take a good few drives and complete drive cycles for it to relearn its fine tuning.I would think this is more likely what has happened and it is not as a result of your minor issue fitting the battery.Take it for a good drive and see how it is then.
Hoping this has resolved the issue, Please rate!
Hi, I assume your issue is resolved, please rate 5 stars :)