sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Help...I have a 2002 Tacoma Quad truck...going down the road

Customer Question

Help...I have a 2002 Tacoma Quad truck...going down the road and shifter goes into neutral for no reason...Trans flush done a month ago and shifter bushings replaced. It only has 113k miles on it...nobody can figure it out...very aggravating!!! Thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.
Sounds like they may have bent the linkage when replacing the bushings. Thats really the only thing that could cause it to fall into neutral while driving. I would definitely start there.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was doing this before the bushings were replaced...that's why they were replaced a few days still does it!!! Anything else that would cause it to go into neutral while, help, help. It does it from a stop and while driving at normal speed....will not do it for a few days then do it several times a day. No noise or bumping...just see rpms go up and it's in neutral...Trans mech says it's fine...not a hydraulic engine light and does show on diagnostic.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doesn't show anything on diagnostic.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not an answer to my charge, please.
I haven't even gotten a chance to reply yet. I'll opt out and let someone else try to help you.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you still need help?