tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

I disconnected the battery cables in order to remove

Customer Question

I disconnected the battery cables in order to remove corrosion. The instrument cluster now does not work (tach, speedometer, gas gauge, temp gauge). All fuses checked with ohmmeter and found to be good. Whatg now?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 264,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses with an ohmmeter
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.
What year and model do you have? Do you have a voltmeter to check somethings? At any time did the cables get crossed? Will it start and run?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used a volt/ohm meter to check all fuse. Stars and runs just fine
What year and model?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
don't want to call you. just answer the question
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 Toyata Avalon
I do not have any control over the computer generated offers being sent to you. Now that I have the year and model I can look at the wiring diagram and we can proceed but I am going to lunch in 10 min. There are no quick answers when it comes to electrical Problems this is going to take some time back and forth running electrical checks and tests. If you are not able to do that or don't have the time to do that let me know and I can opt out. Otherwise I'll get you some initial test to run and I'll get back to you after lunch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You go right ahead and have lunch whil I call chase bank and remove your $5 charge.
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.if the problem only began by you removing the battery cables,,lets try something simple.remove both the battery cables again.touch and hold both the + and the - cables together for 5 seconds,then re-install the cables back to the battery.let me know if that fixed the problem with the gaugesthanks