mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Toyota Trundra: I have 01 tundra transmission: it shifts soso

Customer Question

I have 01 tundra transmission: it shifts soso all gears forward over drive and reverse the only thing is when put in gear it stalls there's no slippage unless u put in neutral .it's like it is in lock up mode or sumthing like that any clue on what it could be . Arnold Bacon ***@******.***
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 11 months ago.
do you happen to have a check engine light on? it is either your tcc solenoid is stuck on or your torques converter is bad.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the torque converter is bad wouldn't not shift or not move? I'M still driving my truck about 130 miles a day 5 days a week the code that cam up is p0770. Shift solenoid E falt which one is that?
it depends on what goes bad if the torque converter goes bad to wear it gets stuck locked up then you can drive it if you are quick about it kind of like a manual that has bad clutch hydraulics. let me look up solenoid "E"
ok solenoid "E" is in fact the TCC solenoid and if that gets stuck on it will cause the torque converter to stay on causeing your stalling issue. if you want to fix this yourself i can get you a diagram that shows you which solenoid on the transmission it is so you know which one to change.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should there b power to any of the sylinoids? When u turn key on?
it is shift solenoid valve "SL" i dont know why they have so many different labels for the same solenoid but that is the solenoid you need. to answer your question not the solenoid is controlled by the tcm so it switches power on and off as needed. if you are having that code it means it is trying to command it one of the two ways on of off and it is not seeing it respond to its command.
the solenoid is located in the transmission on the valve body assembly itself.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'll pull pan off again in the am and check it out thanks for your help if I need more help I I'll text u again have a great evening Arnold
nota problem if you have a moment to leave me a rating it would be appreciated. the chat will remain open and you will still be able to contact me in regards ***** ***** issue.