Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

I have a POO11 check engine code. Can I drive it this way. JA:

Customer Question

I have a POO11 check engine code. Can I drive it this way.
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: about 300k.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is driving ok, but is using oil at about 2 qts a month. The oil level is about half way between the dots.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on how hard it would be.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I think that is it. My daughter is driving it now on a 4 hr trip.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.It is always advisable to post the Year, Make, Model & Engine when asking questions on this ForumPOO11, points to Camshaft Position, Timing over advanced, depending on Year, Model & EngineIt is never a good practice to run the engine with this Trouble CodeIF the Repair Facility is a short distance, then you should be o k, as long as RPM are at minimums to drive the vehicleIF you need to drive "miles", then it should be towed.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.