rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

HAVE A 2007 TOYOTA TUNDRA THAT HAS A VIBRATION, IS WORSE AT

Customer Question

HAVE A 2007 TOYOTA TUNDRA THAT HAS A VIBRATION, IS WORSE AT 30MPH AND 55MPH, BUT IS PRESENT ALWAYS, WITHER IT IS UNDER LOAD OR COASTING EVEN IN NEUTRAL.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Sounds like you were very thorough. This sounds to me like a problem inside the differential. It may need a new spider gear or carrier bearing, hard to say for sure without seeing it. Also check for any signs of metalThanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

COULD IT STILL BE IN THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL EVEN IF THE VIBRATION GOES AWAY WHEN I PULL THE DRIVESHAFT

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
The differential is not turning with the shaft out, if I understand you right.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron