Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

ABS lifgt is on and Brake light is on. The speedometer occasionally

Customer Question

ABS lifgt is on and Brake light is on. The speedometer occasionally works. The odometer works
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
speed sensor on wheels or transmission
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the odometer does work with this issue here but the speedometer is not this usually indicates a fault with the instrument cluster itself.The odometer runs off of the speedometer signal on most all models and since it does work it sounds like the cluster is receiving the signal and the fault is in the speedometer gauge itself with it needing repaired or replaced.What does need to be done from here though is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in each computer.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete