camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

JA: . How can we help? Customer: Yes, I have my check

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Yes, I have my check engine light on but I try to understand why
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Corolla S
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if it is easy. I would like to know if there is basic validation to do before going to the garage
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: none:) because I looking on the internet to see what could be the issue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no, it is a 2 year old car so in good shape
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Corolla.Have you had a chance to pull any codes to see what is stored in the computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Would it be possible to let me know how to close the light of my check engine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you mean by pull any codes?
Do you mean to turn it off or to check and see what codes are stored? When you pull codes, you use a scantool to check the computer and see what is stored.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where can I see the code? I don't see any code just the check engine light one.
Expert:  camerontech replied 6 months ago.
hi thereim cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.your check engine light is on because your computer has detected a fault and has stored a code in the computer.this will need to be retrieved with a scan tool and also cleared with a scan tool.if you do not have one, than most of the larger parts stores will scan your computer for free.you can record the code and have it reset.it will probably come back on once the fault is dettected again
hi there,how did your repair go?please take a moment to rate me!thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!cam