Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Thank you to help me Pearl. My 1999 Rav 4 cruise

Customer Question

Thank you for trying to help me Pearl. My 1999 Rav 4 cruise control stopped working. I thought that a fuse was the problem but I can not find a fuse. Please help me with this problem as I would like my Rav perfect as I want to give it to my Grandson for a graduation present from 12th grade. I am the original owner and it is in excellent condition, it looks brand new. Thank you for your time in this matter.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes Mam I am going to try to fix it myself it that is possible. Again I would like to thank you for helping me.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looking for a fuse if it has one.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I was pushing the switch on and off because I was nervous that a Policeman stopped me at a random check point. Police make me nervous.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.
Hello, thanks for postingWhen you push the cruise control on/off switch does the indicator light on the dash turn on? (Key On)Are any warning lights on the dash on after starting the engine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir, no lights come on. And there are no warning lights that come on.
Thanks for the quick replyIf the cruise control light on the dash doesn't turn on then either the switch is not getting power to it or the switch itself is bad. Do you have a volt meter or 12 volt test light?
The fuses that need to be checked are on the inside fuse panel at the left side of the dash,10A gauge, 10A stop.