Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I would like to replace the amp on my 2006 Toyota Sequoia.

Customer Question

I would like to replace the amp on my 2006 Toyota Sequoia. I need to know the impedance of the (2 ohm or 4 ohm) of the factory speakers.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Forgot to mention that I have the JBL speaker system now running with a newer Pioneer head unit.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. This is a DIY project.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: My current emp is cutting out. Planning to replace with a new amp and add a subwoofer to modernize the sound system. I would like to keep the current speakers, but need the impedance to order the proper amp.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No. The car runs fine otherwise. Very happy with it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.
Do you have an ohmmeter? Do you have the speakers out of the vehicle? Is it my understanding that you're looking to find out what the OHM reading of your speakers are?