Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2010 Corolla. My daughter left the key on and battery died.

Customer Question

2010 Corolla. My daughter left the key on and battery died. She tried to get it started and I think they crossed the jumper cables or battery charger. I put a new battery in and it starts now. But won't move out of park all warning lights on instrument panel are on. No power to fuses under the dash. No blown fuses under the hood. Could it be the main fuse bolted under the fuse panel under the hood?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the battery, cleaned and tightened connections. Checked all fuses that I can get to with multimeter.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I think some tried to help before I got there and might have connected jumper cables backward.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need assistance on this issue?