Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I took my 2007 Prius in to the dealer to get new tires and an alignment. They informed me

Customer Question

I took my 2007 Prius in to the dealer to get new tires and an alignment. They informed me they had to do a shim kit in order to make the alignment work. I picked up my car, drove it out of the parking lot and realized the VSC light was on. Went back in to talk to the service person and was told that the car had to be "on" while they were doing the alignment and my battery died. Then, somehow in the process of jumping the car, they appear to have fried the sensor. My question is: Is the sensor truly dead or could it be reset somehow? It is apparently quite expensive.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
Hi im kevin if they havevspiked a component by spiking with voltage on jumpstart its highly likely replacements will be needed to cure but they should be covering this as they have caused the issue
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else