Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I think the anti theft system has been activated on my car

Customer Question

I think the anti theft system has been activated on my car an it won't start an is going off
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: So what do I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We haven't used the car in a month an we went to go use it an it wouldn't start the battery was dead so we got a new battery an then the alarm started going off
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking the alarm fuse Out
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, open the driver door and lock the vehicle by the door lock switch and shut door. Now unlock with the key and open driver door. Alarm should stop and vehicle start. If not, then open driver door, leave it open. Insert the key into the ignition and turn to the ON position. Now disconnect the negative cable for at least 1 minute. Reconnect the battery cable. Alarm should go off for 60 seconds and then quit. At this point, cycle key off, wait 5 seconds and then crank the vehicle
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did the second choice u you suggested in alarm didn't go off in less she tries to start it so what should I do
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,That is the only method I know. I will opt out and see if another expert may know a different method
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it's fine I will get someone els to fix it