sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Pearl, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra with three 5.7 liter engine. My check engine light came on last night . On my way to auto zone today to get the error code the light went out. I had them check it anyway. The error came back as PO335... crankshaft position sensor A electrical circuit for a predetermined period of time.
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Need to know if it is still a problem since the light went out and if it is where is it located?
JA: After we'd chatted a lot online, and if you were coming to Detroit, and if you asked really nicely, and suggested some great restaurant, then I might consider it. Tell me about youself.
Customer: Is it possible to replace this relatively easily
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The crank sensor is at the left rear of the engine and accessed from underneath the truck.This code is for a circuit issue with the crank sensor which could be the sensor, a poor connection, or a wiring issue. If the sensor ground, reference or signal circuit short, go open or have high resistance then this code will set. For the most part if there are no visible wiring or connection issues then the sensor would be the cause.If the engine light went out ti's because the problem is no longer present. It's unlikely that the problem will go away entirely and the code will most likely set again, if the crank sensor does fail entirely then the engine isn't going to be able to restart. If you do replace the sensor I would recommend a factory part as aftermarket sensors often cause repeat issues.