Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

84 Toyota land cruiser. FJ60 series with F2 engine The

Customer Question

84 Toyota land cruiser. FJ60 series with F2 engine
The engine on first start up full choke will go to 4000 rpm. Trying cut back coke the vehicle engine cuts off. After running 2 to 3 minutes on no choke the engine will maintain 2000 rpms. After running for 10-15 minutes the vehicle will loose complete power and then shut off. The truck must sit for one hour and then will repeat the sequence again.
Where should I start?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I would check for any vacuum leaks needing repaired including any gaskets like a throttle body gasket failure needing replaced or intake gaskets needing replaced.Check for any loose or damaged vacuum lines as well needing repaired,reconnected or replaced.In some cases this may require a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks needing repaired.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been through the entire vac system. Where is the throttle body gaskit
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
On this model this would be the carburetor gasket on the intake.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay. Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here. Thanks Pete