Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had mice in the air intake cabin. When I pulled

Customer Question

I had mice in the air intake for the cabin. When I pulled out the cabin air filter, the nest was above it and debris fell into the fan/box below. I need to pull and clean the air box and I haven't found instructions for that
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have removed the glove box and replaced the cabin filter and am staring at cream colored plastic air box
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 prius
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Toyota.Have you pulled down the blower motor yet?