Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My 2007 Toyota camry hybrid has check VSC system and check

Customer Question

My 2007 Toyota camry hybrid has check VSC system and check hybrid system on. What does that mean ? Car is still running.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. It's a 2007 with 170,000 miles - never had any problem with anything up to this point. When I started it up to go to work last week, a bunch of lights came on - the exclamation point, slipping sign. I took it to my mechanic who hooked it up to the computer and got some code. He said something is wrong with the battery pack.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but my mechanic will do it.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: I didn't write down the code from the computer.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: The tire sensor doesn't work anymore but that's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The check VSC and Hybrid lights come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is causing this the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will help you determine the cause.