Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I was out of the country and didn't drive my 2007 4Runner for

Customer Question

I was out of the country and didn't drive my 2007 4Runner for about a month. When I came back the battery was DEAD dead. Not even interior lights or radio power. I replaced the battery and immediately got CEL, ABS, VSC OFF and brake light. I can't get the codes to clear and the engine idles high and there is no brake power except when I push the pedal all of the way to the floor. I have a code reader that allows me to erase the codes, but the codes immediately reappear I try to apply brakes. Any suggestions?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clearing the codes with a code reader and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No. I had no problems until I replaced the battery.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Inspect for any rodent damage or corrosion to the wiring and connections on the engine as well as at fuse panels.I have seen issues with damaged or corroded wiring cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced to correct this issue.I would start with this to see if any faults are found. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete