sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

4runner 3.0: so I got a 92 4runner 4x4 I have replaced the

Customer Question

Hi so I got a 92 4runner 4x4 I have replaced the power steering pump 3 times. I am able to turn with ease when the rig is cold , but once it is warm you have to rev it up to like 1500 rpm to get the power steering to start working?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's possible that the problem could be in the steering gear and if it has variable assist then there could be an issue with the solenoid that controls it, but the problem could still be with the pump itself. Poor assist is usually caused by poor output from the pump.What was the original problem that the pump was replaced for?Where are the replacements coming from?