Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2015 Toyota Highlander. My husband opened the back

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Toyota Highlander. My husband opened the back door manually and closed it manually, but the light on the console states the door is opened. When I use the remote it just beeps twice and will not open or close and the button on the bottom of the door just beeps twice also along with the button inside the car. Can not open or close with remote.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I read the manual but it does not trouble shoot the automatic door not working.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
There is a cancel switch in the glove box, did you accidentally press that switch?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. My husband opened it manually and then forced it closed. We were not in glove box.
So the back door closes and opens manually but not with buttons or remote, correct?The "open door" light stays on in the dash correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I figured it out. He pushed the button to open the hatch window. The window was opened a bit so the door would not work. Ty