Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician

Toyota Camry: I have a 2008 Toyota Camry and have a terrible

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Toyota Camry and have a terrible smell every time I start the car. I have changed the air conditioning filter in the glove box about a year ago and it went away for a while but now it's back. Don't even have to have the air on. It happens after I start it and drive a short distance before it smells. Do you know what this can be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,If you think the smell is from the ventilation system, then I would say it is a bacterial growth on the evaporator core, very common in A/C systems.You can get a spraycan antibacterial from your local auto store to fix this.Follow the instructions on the can.Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,How did you go with your problem?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you. Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary